The Santa Cruz County Intergroup was established in 1973 for the purpose of helping the Alcoholics Anonymous groups of Santa Cruz County carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous to those who suffer from alcoholism in a more efficient manner than is possible by the groups acting alone.
Our Central Office is the coordinating center of this activity.
Among the services provided by Intergroup are:
- Maintain a central office.
- Operate a 24-Hour Hotline for all who call seeking help or information.
- Maintain a listing in the telephone directory for Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Maintain a database by geographic area and gender, of members in the Fellowship who are willing to perform Twelfth Step service.
- Respond to “cries for help” by contacting Twelfth Step volunteers and assigning them to the suffering alcoholics who are reaching out.
- Maintain a supply of approved books and literature.
- Serve as a communications center for local groups, keeping them informed about A.A. activities through a monthly newsletter and other appropriate means.
- Publish a schedule of meetings held in Santa Cruz County.
- Maintain and finance a website with meeting schedules and other information regarding A.A. in Santa Cruz County.
- Furnish speakers for A.A. meetings and for non-A.A. organizations on request.
- Serve as host of the monthly Birthday Speaker Meeting.
- Serve as good will ambassadors to the local community.
- Sponsor any social affairs which members may desire (Spring Fling!, New Year’s Eve Dinner/Party, Special Speaker Meetings).
Our bylaws state that our purpose includes “…perform such other services as the member Groups may direct provided such services are in conformity with the Twelve Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous.” Your Intergroup Council invites your participation in improving the sobriety of Santa Cruz County, including your own. We are committed to serving you!
Your representation at the Intergroup Council will allow us to better serve the needs of ALL the groups in Santa Cruz County. If your group does not have an Intergroup Representative, we invite you to elect one to attend the next Santa Cruz County Intergroup meeting. Hold an election in your group today! We will reserve a chair for your representative on the first Wednesday of every month.